Friday, August 18, 2017

"Layna's Here!"

Ah, the mind of a two year old. They are figuring out so much. I cannot believe the things my daughter seems to have taken in, let alone pinpoint where or when she did so. Everything is "Layna do dat" right now, including going potty. (Unless, of course, I want her to go by herself.)

After church last Sunday, we stopped for one last potty break before heading out and she successfully did nearly everything on her own with the help of stool. I, too, used the facilities, washed my hands and grabbed a paper towel, which dispensed after I gave it a little wave.

Layna had figured out that the soap need only the presence of a hand before supplying ample pre-bubbled soap, and after five or so helpings, she finally moved on to rinse and dry. I started to help her get the paper towel and was met with a curt "I do dat!" so I stepped aside, but not before the red light recognized my hand and began to dispense. Fortunately, it was at exactly the same time as Layna stepped up to the dispenser, placed her hands deliberately under it (nowhere near the sensor) and proclaimed, "Layna's heeeeere," while watching expectantly. In her mind, the paper towels immediately complied to her announcement, and I can only hope that this is now how she believes all paper towel dispensers work, because I'm always up for a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment