Friday, August 11, 2017

Hello, My Name Is...

My husband and I agree; there will be no pets in our near future. It's not that we dislike animals, but the thought of taking on more responsibility seems like a really bad idea right now.

Our neighbors, however, have two dogs, which is perfect for our animal-loving daughter and easily-entertained son. We often check to see if the dogs are out, and when they are there are shouts of excitement accompanied by jumping and laughter. I'm fairly certain the dogs are equally excited when they find Layna outside. They bark and jump and run the length of the fence, them on their side and Layna on hers. 

One afternoon Layna and I were in the middle of just such a scenario and Aaron decided to join us. Our friendly neighbors are often out with the dogs, and Layna is quite taken with them as well. I believe she was engaged with the neighbor talking about her day as Aaron approached. 

Layna, not wanting to be rude of course, said to our neighbor, "This is Mama's friend, Dada!" Which is quite possibly one of my favorite quotes yet. A small glimpse into how a two year old interprets the world. 

-Dada's Friend, Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment